Saturday, August 24, 2013

Date Night: Photo Scavenger Hunt

Love nature and hiking? This date is for you! Find a park nearby with a trail, and photograph anything you see that looks photogenic! It may be different kinds of trees, wildflowers, plants with interesting leaves, animal tracks, or mushrooms!

The hubby and I did this last weekend while on a camping trip. It wasn't planned, but when I started seeing different wildlife that I wanted to know the names of, I decided to consider it a scavenger hunt.


At first my hubby found it annoying- he would turn around to look at me only to find that I had stopped to take a picture, AGAIN.

Here's one such instance (above). Eventually, though, he started pointing out things for me to photograph. 

At one point in our journey, hubby stopped rather suddenly, freaked out about something. I at first thought he had seen a bear (and was so excited about my scavenger hunt, that I was thrilled and wanted to take a picture of it). When I saw this in front of us, I was slightly disappointed.

But not disappointed enough to not creep up closer and take another picture. I wanted to get closer, but hubby wouldn't let me.

This was my favorite discovery: 
I found out later that this is a type of coral mushroom. I just thought it looked so cool! 

When you and your special someone have had your adventure together, I'd love to hear about it! Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Ummm...so what kind of snake was that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's a rattlesnake of some kind, but we never heard it rattle, so I'm not totally sure.

    ReplyDelete