Saturday, August 24, 2013

Is there Joy Beyond this Wall?

I'll be honest, lately I've been stuck in a rut of feeling sorry for myself. The past year or so hasn't been easy, and I've allowed bitterness and untrust to build up in my heart. Lately, though, God has been highlighting joy. I resisted it for a while- being joyful requires the wall of bitterness and untrust to come down, and part of me liked the sense of security that came from that wall. But the wall has not only kept me from being joyful, it has sucked the life out of my relationship with my husband, with God, and ultimately left me exhausted.

About two weeks ago, I decided that the wall MUST come down. I've started doing morning devotions, on a journey to creep beyond the fortitude into the joy that I know the Lord has for me. At first, I sort of felt like I was jumping off a cliff, putting myself in a position where I MIGHT get hurt again. But now, I'm finding that I am starting to dream again. I wouldn't exactly call myself joyful yet, but I know I am on the right path, and with God's help I WILL reach my destination.


"Do not grieve, for the joy of the Lord is your strength." Nehemiah 8:10

If you're currently on a similar path towards joy, or have been on this path before, I would love your input! Feel free to comment with any scriptures verses or truths God has revealed to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment